I am following this wave of creating custom url for all of my social media profiles. After Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Youtube, Flickr, & LinkedIn it became obvious to change my Google+ url.
It is a bit tricky though. To make custom url for your Google+ profile you are going to get help from this Google+ URL Shortner tool called ‘Google Plus Nick’ (not by Google but works PERFECT!!).
It is very easy. Follow me please:
1. Login to your Google account.
2. On the top bar click on +Your_Name (for me it is +Bipin). OR type https://plus.google.com/ on the address bar.
3. Now you are on the Home page of Google+. On the left side click on Profile (just below ‘home‘)
4. After your profile loads, check out the address bar. You should see something like https://plus.google.com/103201563007333606701/posts
5. It is good. Now, simply copy the numbers between ‘com/’ and ‘/posts’
6. In the address bar type gplus.to and hit enter.
7. On the homepage, locate Nick Name input box. There, type desired nickname that will be followed by gplus.to/ (e.g. gplus.to/nickname) for me it is bpntrp
9. Now, hit add.
10. Congratulations! You just created a custom URL for you Google+ Profile page. Copy the url, and paste it on the address bar to see if it really works.. hehe….Its does!!!
NOTE: If you have put a link to Google+ profile already, no worries! It will still work because Google still uses the same old id. Google Plus Nick is not a Google product but it has more than 500K users already, including CNN, BBC World. Mashable, PC World and many other famous groups.
Enjoy having a recallable url for your Google Plus Profile!! Cheers!!! (Add me if you like at gplus.to/bpntrp)